Play it at 126.96.36.199:27014
I'm sure most people know what Deathrun is but I'll explain just in case you don't. Basically, you are placed on the Death or Runner team. There are many more Runners than Deaths. The Runners have to traverse the level full of deadly traps which are controlled by the Deaths. Once (if) they do that, they will be allowed to fight the Deaths. Rounds end when either team is completely killed. If you are killed then you will still receive a win if your team wins.
This new gamemode has been created from scratch. There's a lot of new features and differences which make playing this one unique. The most obvious is the lives system. Runners are given X amount of lives. Once they run out, they are eliminated from the round. Lives are based on number of players and number of traps. More players, less lives. More traps, more lives. Getting killed by a Death's Scythe will make you lose every life. This might seem silly to some people, but it made the game a lot more fun for both sides.
There's new, unique weapons. We're not using the CS:S weapons here. I wanted it to be different. Smoke grenades are Blackout Grenades. AWPs are Death Ray Wands. I'm adding more weapons over time.
A popular feature I've heard of is button reservation. I've made this in my own way. When a Death hovers their crosshair over a button, the button will become green to that player. This means that only they will be able to press it. Any other Deaths will be unable to press it until the person who reserved the button moves their crosshair away.
There's a bunch more stuff, it's best you just check it out yourself.
Here's the Silver rewards table:
Killing a Runner (with a trap or scythe): 20
Killing a Death: 200
Winning as a Runner: 1000
Winning as a Death: 200
- Reactivated webchat, /csc, and /admin systems.
- Added stats and rankings for Deathrun: times played as Runner, times played as Death, times won as Runner, times won as Death, win rate as Death, win rate as Runner.
- Added new stylized title: Death Runner. Play 20 or more rounds of Deathrun and have a win rate of 10% or more as a Runner.
- Added new stylized title: Runner Killer. Play 20 or more rounds of Deathrun and have a win rate of 90% or more as a Death.
- Added 4 new costumes with special requirements. Two of the items can only be received by playing Deathrun within a week of release. These two items are free. The other two require you to qualify for the above two titles before being able to get them.
- The title changing GUI now displays how many title change cards you have and how to get some.
- Added 9 new emotes.
- Moved the menu key to ALT because for some reason it was the same key for laying down.
- You can no longer lay down while in noclip.
- Added translations. If a translation is available for your language, the game will automatically use that language. The language is determined by whatever you have gmod using (that flag icon on the main menu).
- Added Dutch translation.
- Added Portuguese translation.
- Increased the Worth cost of the Plank from 5 to 10. It seemed silly that it was half as much as the knife.
- If you don't have a default boss zombie class chosen then the game will choose Nightmare for you.
- When removing a nail, the server will now also log the class, model, and number of nails remaining in a prop. It will also log the score of the nail placer and the score of the remover.
- Fixed some weapons like the Lamp, Sawhack, etc. having the "real" view models appearing.
Extreme Football Throwdown
- Added new map: Coconut Club. This stage showcases the new Water Ball powerup which allows the carrier to walk on the surface of water.
- Fixed objects like the ball and weapons lagging behind your model a bit if your FPS was low.