NoXiousNetSign in through Steam
NEWS FORUMS DONATIONSDONATIONS
We're funded completely by our users so every little bit helps.
Purchase memberships, title change cards and Silver here.
Mumble MUMBLEMUMBLE
Public VoIP server.
Chat CHATCHAT
Use our chat for real-time conversations between the games and website.
Steam group STEAMSTEAM GROUP
Get notifications on events and announcements via Steam or just increase your cool rating.
Members of the group also receive a slight bonus to voting power.
Servers SERVERSSERVERS
A listing of all of our game servers.
Live LIVELIVE
Since it's more fun to watch other people play games instead of actually playing them.
Active streams (if any) will automatically be advertised below.
Rankings RANKINGSRANKINGS
Live player statistics.
Are you the best yet?
Logs LOGSLOGS
Publically available server logs.
Wiki WIKIWIKI
A user-created library of knowledge.
Image dump IMAGESIMAGE DUMP
Images collected over the years.
Everything from screenshots to comics.
Bans BANSBANS
Public wall of shame.
Chubfish is streaming CS:GO Bunnyhopping [nosrl] with 179 viewers.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Publish 398 [Deathrun, CSC, and more]  (Read 3130 times)

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:43 pm

JetBoom

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Owner
Deathrun

Play it at 67.212.184.68:27014

I'm sure most people know what Deathrun is but I'll explain just in case you don't. Basically, you are placed on the Death or Runner team. There are many more Runners than Deaths. The Runners have to traverse the level full of deadly traps which are controlled by the Deaths. Once (if) they do that, they will be allowed to fight the Deaths. Rounds end when either team is completely killed. If you are killed then you will still receive a win if your team wins.

This new gamemode has been created from scratch. There's a lot of new features and differences which make playing this one unique. The most obvious is the lives system. Runners are given X amount of lives. Once they run out, they are eliminated from the round. Lives are based on number of players and number of traps. More players, less lives. More traps, more lives. Getting killed by a Death's Scythe will make you lose every life. This might seem silly to some people, but it made the game a lot more fun for both sides.

There's new, unique weapons. We're not using the CS:S weapons here. I wanted it to be different. Smoke grenades are Blackout Grenades. AWPs are Death Ray Wands. I'm adding more weapons over time.

A popular feature I've heard of is button reservation. I've made this in my own way. When a Death hovers their crosshair over a button, the button will become green to that player. This means that only they will be able to press it. Any other Deaths will be unable to press it until the person who reserved the button moves their crosshair away.

There's a bunch more stuff, it's best you just check it out yourself.

Here's the Silver rewards table:
Killing a Runner (with a trap or scythe): 20
Killing a Death: 200
Winning as a Runner: 1000
Winning as a Death: 200

In general

• Reactivated webchat, /csc, and /admin systems.
  • Added stats and rankings for Deathrun: times played as Runner, times played as Death, times won as Runner, times won as Death, win rate as Death, win rate as Runner.
  • Added new stylized title: Death Runner. Play 20 or more rounds of Deathrun and have a win rate of 10% or more as a Runner.
  • Added new stylized title: Runner Killer. Play 20 or more rounds of Deathrun and have a win rate of 90% or more as a Death.
  • Added 4 new costumes with special requirements. Two of the items can only be received by playing Deathrun within a week of release. These two items are free. The other two require you to qualify for the above two titles before being able to get them.
  • The title changing GUI now displays how many title change cards you have and how to get some.
  • Added 9 new emotes.
Multiplayer TV

• Moved the menu key to ALT because for some reason it was the same key for laying down.
  • You can no longer lay down while in noclip.
Zombie Survival

• Added translations. If a translation is available for your language, the game will automatically use that language. The language is determined by whatever you have gmod using (that flag icon on the main menu).
  • Added Dutch translation.
  • Added Portuguese translation.
  • Increased the Worth cost of the Plank from 5 to 10. It seemed silly that it was half as much as the knife.
  • If you don't have a default boss zombie class chosen then the game will choose Nightmare for you.
  • When removing a nail, the server will now also log the class, model, and number of nails remaining in a prop. It will also log the score of the nail placer and the score of the remover.
  • Fixed some weapons like the Lamp, Sawhack, etc. having the "real" view models appearing.
Extreme Football Throwdown

• Added new map: Coconut Club. This stage showcases the new Water Ball powerup which allows the carrier to walk on the surface of water.
  • Fixed objects like the ball and weapons lagging behind your model a bit if your FPS was low.
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2013 at 02:18 pm by JetBoom »

#1 Mar 23, 2013 at 01:52 pm

DrunkenOrc

• Rise from your grave
Don't forget Polish for our good friends in the deaf polish NN club.

#2 Mar 23, 2013 at 02:08 pm

flickenmaste

• Cooking by the book
Thanks JetBoom!

#3 Mar 23, 2013 at 04:10 pm

let's go

rui_troia

• BANNED
Cheers'

#4 Mar 24, 2013 at 12:26 pm
You can turn your back on a person, but never on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.

-Hunter S. Thompson

StratocasterTB

• Spectator
In general

• Reactivated webchat, /csc, and /admin systems.
omg omg omg omg omg yes

#5 Mar 24, 2013 at 07:58 pm

xRdJx

• COMMUNITY KNIGHT
  • Game Admins
Checkpoints often get me instantly killed or set too far back so i have to do several obstacles again (maybe a button to set a custom checkpoint?), runners invariably win.  Fun though, thanks for the gamemode jetboom.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2013 at 07:59 pm by xRdJx »

#6 Mar 24, 2013 at 09:48 pm

JetBoom

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Owner
(maybe a button to set a custom checkpoint?)

Spacebar.

#7 Mar 25, 2013 at 12:11 am
Game is hard.

exiorca

you can jump at where you stand to set your spawn.

Jump and look at your feet to see a flashy circle.

#8 Mar 25, 2013 at 07:52 am

xRdJx

• COMMUNITY KNIGHT
  • Game Admins
Ah ok :P

#9 Mar 25, 2013 at 03:31 pm

Box Online

• BoXiousNet
Like the color scheme on the worth menu, could you also make "save cart" naming a lot more visible, thanks.

#10 Mar 25, 2013 at 06:36 pm

Nukkun

• ゆっくりしていってね~
Jump and look at your feet to see a flashy circle.

This is the best possible explanation and should be in Deathrun's f1 menu.

#11 Mar 27, 2013 at 01:30 pm
Some Deathrun text while we're at it.

Jump to set a checkpoint if you're on immobile ground. You see this as a flashing circle at your feet.

Most deathrun maps have slowly advancing death gas. Set new checkpoints often.

Falling onto a trap, even while jumping, sometimes sets a new checkpoint. Press right mouse to go back a checkpoint if you've died inside a trap.

You don't need to bunnyhop to gain speed. Just hold spacebar as soon as you hit the ground.

As a Death, you can have an easier time killing runners after they've escaped your traps by standing behind your end of the teleport.

Don't try to trigger traps on one or two people ahead of the pack. It's wasteful and usually doesn't work anyway.

As a runner, if you're ahead of the pack, don't be afraid to waste one or two lives to trigger one-use traps people often miss.

Set a checkpoint as soon as you spawn. Falling into spikes without a safe checkpoint would waste all three lives.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013 at 04:48 pm by commandhat »

#12 Mar 27, 2013 at 02:30 pm

Nukkun

• ゆっくりしていってね~

You don't need to bunnyhop to gain speed. Just press spacebar as soon as you hit the ground.

As a Death, you can have an easier time killing runners after they've escaped your traps by standing behind your end of the teleport.

Don't try to trigger traps on one or two people ahead of the pack. Even if they do make it to the end, you have your scythe.

Some maps make death lose if anyone gets to the end, it's inappropriate to instruct people to camp teleport ( which is bullshit and incredibly frustrating/unfair), and you do need to bunnyhop to gain speed, which is done by holding the spacebar.

#13 Mar 27, 2013 at 04:50 pm
Some maps make death lose if anyone gets to the end,
Edited.
it's inappropriate to instruct people to camp teleport ( which is bullshit and incredibly frustrating/unfair),
Strikeout'd, but keeping for posterity. So I'm not supposed to immediately check for problems in the close area before just running off like a zombie?
and you do need to bunnyhop to gain speed, which is done by holding the spacebar.
Edited. I guess my keyboard is shit though, holding the spacebar doesn't do anything for me.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013 at 04:51 pm by commandhat »

#14 Mar 27, 2013 at 06:29 pm

Nukkun

• ゆっくりしていってね~
Well, the thing is, you can't always see the teleport from where the end of the map is.  It's really really hard to get around a teleport camp like that no matter what you do, especially if multiple deaths are there.  Makes some maps really horrible for runners.

#15 Mar 28, 2013 at 09:12 pm
The only good brony is a dead one

Bobby Hill

Maybe there should be a spawn protection?

#16 Mar 29, 2013 at 12:01 am
The Runner Killer title is way to hard to obtain.

#17 Mar 29, 2013 at 01:43 pm

Hemiriffic

• away go
Yea it is!
not really
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2013 at 01:44 pm by Hemiriffic »